Dr Lorenzo Del Savio
Lecturer in Ethics of Science & Technology
Tel +44 (0)20 7848 2229
Address Room 708, Philosophy Building
King's College London
London, WC2R 2L
Research interests and PhD supervision
Dr Del Savio studied Philosophy and History of Thought (Università di Firenze and Università Ca´ Foscari di Venezia). He earned his PhD at the European School of Molecular Medicine (Milan) focusing on the moral and political problems of preventive public health. He is currently a Research Fellow at the Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel and works on citizen science projects in biomedicine. His main interests are in bioethics, philosophy of technology, political theory and human evolution.
- Bioethics and human evolution
- Technologies and human cooperation
- Research policy
- Buyx A, Del Savio L, Prainsack B, H Völzke. Every participant is a principal investigator. Citizen Science and Participatory Governance in Population Research. The International Journal of Epidemiology. Forthcoming.
- Del Savio L, Cavaliere G, The problem with commercial surrogacy. A reflection on reproduction, markets, and labour. Biolaw Journal, 2016; n.2.
- Del Savio L, Mameli M. Controsovranità. La democrazia oltre alla democrazia rappresentativa. 2015, Fondazione Giangiacome Feltrinelli. ISBN:9788868352325.
- Del Savio L, Mameli M. Power Hierarchies and Social Status: On the Normative Significance of Social Epidemiology. The American Journal of Bioethics, 2015, 15(3): 52-53.
- Stupka E, Del Savio L, Loi M. Social Epigenetics and Equality of Opportunity. Public Health Ethics, 2013, 6(2): 142-153.