Professor David-Hillel Ruben
Emeritus Professor of Philosophy (University of London)
Address: Department of Philosophy
King's College London
London WC2R 2LS
David Ruben received his BA in Philosophy and Religion at Dartmouth College, USA and his PhD in Philosophy from Harvard University.
He has held posts at Edinburgh, Glasgow, Essex, and City Universities, London School of Economics, and Birkbeck College, London.
His research interests are in the Philosophy of Social Science, Action Theory, and Metaphysics.
- Explaining Explanation, Second edition, Paradigm Publishers, 2012.
- ‘Disjunctive Theories of Perception and Action’, in Disjunctivism: Perception, Action, Knowledge, OUP, eds. Adrian Haddock and Fiona Macpherson, 2008, pp. 227-43.
- ‘The Causal and Deliberative Strength of Reasons for Action’, in Causing Human Action: New Perspectives on the Causal Theory of Action, ed. by Jesus H. Aguilar and Andrei A. Buckareff, 2010, Bradford Books. The MIT Press.
- ‘Traditions and True Successors’, Social Epistemology, vol. 27. No. 1, January 2013, pp. 32-46.
- ‘Trying in Some Way’, Australasian Journal of Philosophy, December 2013.