Two scholarships of £4,500 to be awarded annually by the Department of Theology & Religious Studies to full-time graduate students in the Department. The funds have been made available from the residuary estate of Miss E. R. Walton.
- Open to full-time MA and MPhil/PhD students in the department
- If you are eligible for AHRC (or equivalent) funding, you must also apply for funding from such sources if applying for the Walton Scholarship
- The aims of the Scholarships are to assist students of excellent academic calibre to continue their training beyond a first or masters degree and to attract high quality applicants to undertake MA programmes or to undertake or continue research MPhil/PhD programmes at King's College London within the Department of Theology & Religious Studies.
- The Scholarships will be awarded after open competition, and will be open to intending full time MA or research MPhil/PhD students to be registered in the Department of Theology & Religious Studies, and/or to current full time research MPhil/PhD students registered in the Department of Theology & Religious Studies.
- If eligible, applicants must have applied to the AHRC (or appropriate Research Council) for funding to study at King's College London by the appropriate deadline.
- The Scholarships will be tenable for one year of full-time study. Successful applicants will be awarded the scholarship for one year and one year only except in exceptional circumstances.
- As a condition of acceptance of the award, successful applicants will be required to complete a final report at the conclusion of the studentship.
- All applicants must provide a CV and complete the application form (below) which must be submitted electronically to email@example.com with “Walton” and the current academic year, written in the subject line of the email.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the academic referee nominated in the application form submit their electronic references to the Department of Theology & Religious Studies by the deadline of 01 May of the current academic year.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that the electronic application form reaches the Department of Theology & Religious Studies by the deadline of 01 May of the current academic year. Please note that applications can only be submitted from 01 April of the current academic year.
- The allocation of Scholarships will be made by the Postgraduate and Research Committee (PARC) of the Department of Theology & Religious Studies at a meeting to be held as soon as practicable after the deadline.
- Candidates will be notified as soon as possible after the meeting of the decision of the Committee, which will be final.
Further details can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the application form (doc)