King's Experience Global Award
The King’s Experience Global Award recognises your engagement with other cultures, including (but not limited to) volunteering, studying or working abroad; learning other languages; or engaging with other cultures within the UK. It aims to develop and enhance knowledge and understanding of other cultures. The Award is for activities undertaken outside your formal learning, and is open to any KCL student who demonstrates global engagement.
It is primarily an experience-based learning Award, whereby your global engagements are recorded, reflected upon and assessed.
The registration is now CLOSED.
The Award does not have a credit value. It is informally modelled around a Level 7.5 credit format, thus equating to approximately 75 hours of study, comprising:
Intended learning outcomes
- Actual engagement with other cultures (c.25hrs)
- Reflection on that experience
- Undertaking the assessment
To qualify for the Award you will be able to –
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of one or more cultures, other than your own primary culture.
• Demonstrate the ability to examine other cultures with sensitivity.
• Use the learning undertaken in the course of the Award to reflect critically on your own identity and culture.
• Demonstrate how the learning undertaken will contribute to your academic, professional and personal development.
Applications have now closed for 2016-17.
Attainment of the Award will involve you putting your engagement with other cultures into a learning dimension. You will be expected to analyse your experience, and reflect on your experience.
Assessment of the Award can comprise a reflective essay (c.2500 words), or a series of dated entries (totalling c.2500 words, possibly in the form of a blog), or a reflective portfolio (c.2500 words). Alternative means of assessment are also admissible (contact the King’s Experience team in the first instance). Whatever form your submission takes, you will need to demonstrate attainment of the learning outcomes for the award.
Assessment guidance will be provided via a KEATS Virtual Learning Environment, and via face-to-face assessment support sessions.
In exceptional circumstances an extension for the assessment can be requested. In order to be considered for this, please email email@example.com with a clear rationale for the extension.