The Compass team are based in four libraries across all campuses and accessible on campus, online and by phone, their purpose is to make your time at King's as unburdened and enriching as possible.
Alternative services for when the University is closed
- Disability UK 0800 328 5050
- Money and Benefits: Turn 2 Us 0808 802 2000 www.turn2us.org.uk
- Debt problems: National Debt Line 0808 808 4000 www.nationaldebtline.org or StepChange 0800 138 1111 www.stepchange.org
- Housing and Homelessness: Shelter 0808 800 4444 www.england.shelter.org.uk
- International Student issues: UKCISA 020 7107 9922 www.ukcisa.org.uk
- Immigration advice: Find a solicitor through the Law Society http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk
- Consumer issues: Citizens Advice Consumer Helpline: 03454 04 05 06 https://www.gov.uk/citizens-advice-consumer-service
There is a single point of contact if you, or a friend or relative, are experiencing a mental health crisis out-of-hours (5pm-9am, Monday to Friday; and Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays).
The Out-of-Hours Urgent Advice Line provides advice, support and signposting to people living in Westminster0800 0234 650Further information on NHS Health Centre out of hours arrangements can be found here - http://www.kcl.ac.uk/campuslife/services/health/hours.aspx
If you feel you can't wait we suggest you contact your GP or visit our website Crisis Support with useful links to other servicesIf you would like to see someone face to face for befriending or emotional support, the Samaritans also offer 9:00am - 9:00pm every day - no appointment necessary at their office in 46, Marshall St, London W1F 9BF
Samaritans 116 123 (free to call)
- Rape Crisis 0808 802 9999
- National Drugs Helpline 0800 776 600
- Victim Support 0845 303 0900
- National Domestic Violence 0808 2000 247
You can always dial 999 in an emergency or make your way to any Accident & Emergency (A&E) Department at your local hospital
- If you are living in Halls of Residence there is a duty member of staff on call out of hours and each hall displays a notice with their contact details
- You will also find useful information on mental health, with suggested self-help resources at Crisis Support
Are you a Nursing & Midwifery student?
If you have an academic query and are looking for the Nightingale Student Services team you can reach them on: