King's College London produces a wide range of governance documents to ensure that the College is effectively managed in accordance with its Charter and Statutes, legal requirements and standards of best practice.
These documents are brought together in Policy Zone, which provides access to the College’s regulations, strategies, policies, procedures, guidelines and related material. This page explains what Policy Zone is and how to search the archive.
Scope of Policy Zone
Policy Zone contains documents which define the principles, rules and processes by which the College is managed. It focuses on current documents which apply across the College.
Policy Zone does not include:
- Committee minutes and committee papers. Information about the College Council and College committees is available on the Governance webpages, and will be accessible to staff in due course via Committee Zone (providing staff-only access via the Governance webpages).
- Items which only apply to a particular section of the College, e.g. an individual School or department. Local policies, procedures etc will usually be accessible to staff and students via internal webpages on the relevant part of the website.
- Expired or superseded documents, in most cases. Where Policy Zone does provide access to an earlier edition of a document (e.g. academic regulations from a previous year), this will be clearly indicated in the document’s description.
Using Policy Zone
Policy Zone's document library can be accessed in a number of ways:
- Browsing by folder from the document library page. Policy Zone is divided into 10 folders which reflect the major areas covered by the archive, e.g. Assessment, Teaching.
- Browsing by document title, from an A-Z list.
- Browsing by theme. Themes are major subject categories which are assigned to documents, and cut across the folders (i.e. the same theme may be assigned to documents in several folders).
- Browsing by the year in which the document was approved.
- Simple search, using the search box in the main menu. This searches all of the catalogue information associated with documents in the document library.
- Advanced search, which gives a wider range of search options.
Individual documents are accessed via a page which displays the document's catalogue data and a link to the document. In some cases, links are also provided to related documents: e.g. appendices, earlier and later versions, forms relating to a procedure etc. Documents are normally available in PDF format.
Policy Zone is maintained by the Governance Team in Academic Services. For further information about the archive, please contact the Governance Team.