Applications may be submitted
from 01-Apr-2013 until 01-Jun-2013
Information about the funding
The Beit Trust offers annually a small number of Scholarships for postgraduate studies or research to graduates who are domiciled in Malawi, Zambia or Zimbabwe (the beneficial area). Scholarships are taken up at a university in the United Kingdom, Ireland or South Africa, for study in a subject of the individual's choice appropriate to the needs of the beneficial area. Duration is normally for a maximum of three years at the discretion of Trustees.
The extent of a Scholarship Grant is:
- A personal allowance, adjusted annually by an independent authority to the cost of living, is paid covering maintenance support.
- Other allowances are paid for arrival, a laptop and printing of a thesis, and return to Africa.
- Fees and costs of tuition and related academic expenses are paid by the Trust direct to the universities.
- Economy Class air passages are met by the Trust for the initial journey to the place of study in the UK, and for the return passage at the end of the course.
*No allowances are paid for spouses or other family members.*
Applications may be made from 1 April, but all original and certified documents must be received by The Beit Trust by 31 August.
Initial applications for scholarships can be made online. Applicants from Zimbabwe and Malawi cannot, at this time, use this online facility but should email directly to email@example.com, (please state which country you are from) whereupon the Application Form and information required will be sent. Zambian applicants are urged to complete the online form as early as possible to establish whether they would qualify. If you do qualify you will be required to :-
- Complete and submit a fuller application form
- Submit a medical certificate from your doctor
- Obtain three references
- Obtain a certified transcript of your degree results
- Obtain a certified document of evidence of residency (National Registration Card or birth certificate)
All original and certified documents must be received by The Beit Trust by 31 August.
For more information and to apply please go to: http://www.beittrust.org.uk/Scholarships.htm
The BEIT Trust
Please note the database is updated regularly but is a guide only and not a guarantee of funding nor an exhaustive list of all funding available.