• Be due to commence a full-time postgraduate Masters programme or MPhilStud programme at King’s College London in the 2013/14 academic year;
• Be permanent residents of an African country at the time of application and be domiciled within Africa for the last 3 years, for purposes other than education;
• Not have previously studied outside of their home country;
• Be liable to pay tuition fees at the international/overseas (higher) rate;
• Complete and submit the required application documentation by the stated funding deadline (see details below);
• Fulfil the relevant academic and English proficiency entry requirements set by King’s College London.
Please note that:
• Current postgraduate masters degree students are not eligible to apply;
• Students who will pay tuition fees at the Home/EU rate are not eligible;
• This award offers a one-off payment only;
• These studentships cannot be held on a part-time basis;
• Distance learning programmes are not eligible;
• Students who have previously studied outside of their home country are not eligible;
• Applicants are expected to possess/attain a first class or very good upper second class (2:1) honours degree for their undergraduate qualification;
• As the award is only partially funded, applicants must be able to confirm that they have/are seeking the means to support any outstanding fees/costs not covered by this scheme, i.e. through other funding awards or self-funding.
Applications may be submitted
from 10-Dec-2012 until 01-Mar-2013
Information about the funding
The Graduate School at King's College London is offering x1 King’s Africa Masters Scholarship to students from Africa who wish to pursue a full-time postgraduate Masters or MPhilStud degree programme in any discipline at King's College London commencing in the 2013/14 academic year.
Value of award
£5,000 one-off payment
This scholarship can be used to contribute towards tuition fees or living costs.
Applications will be invited from mid December 2012 and will close on 1st March 2013 at 17:00 GMT sharp.
To be considered for the award, applicants MUST, by the application deadline of 17:00 GMT, 1st March 2013:
1) Apply to the College for a postgraduate taught degree programme using the online admissions application (https://myapplication.kcl.ac.uk/), as standard.*
2) Submit a Graduate School PGT online funding form. Note that this online funding application form should only be completed after an admissions application has been submitted to the College. The online funding form can be accessed at: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/pg/funding/sources/pgt-form.aspx
*Students who have already applied for admissions, and those who hold a place but deferred entry to 2013/14, will not be required to submit an admissions application again.
Failure to submit both application forms, as appropriate, by the application deadline will result in the application being ineligible.
Please be aware that applicants do not have to hold an admissions offer before submitting a PGT online funding form to the Graduate School.
The Graduate School PGT online funding form will cover a range of funding schemes, and applicants only need to submit the PGT online funding form ONCE to be considered for any of these schemes.
For full guidance about this award, please read the 'PGT Funding 1314 - Guidance notes' document found at the bottom of this page.
King's College London Graduate School
Please note the database is updated regularly but is a guide only and not a guarantee of funding nor an exhaustive list of all funding available.