King's President's International Scholarships
- Open to residents of the following countries
All Nationalities (except UK & EU)
- Applicants MUST:
Please note that:
- Be due to commence a full-time postgraduate Masters programme at King’s College London in the 2015/16 academic year;
- Be liable to pay tuition fees at the international/overseas (higher) rate;
- Complete and submit the required application documentation by the stated funding deadline (see below);
- Fulfil the relevant academic and English proficiency entry requirements set by King’s College London.
- Students who are already registered on the respective postgraduate programme are not eligible to apply;
- Students who will pay tuition fees at the Home/EU rate are not eligible;
- Distance learning programmes are not eligible;
- Applicants are expected to possess/attain a first class or very good upper second class (2:1) honours degree for their undergraduate qualification;
- For programmes longer than 12 months, the scholarship will be paid on a pro-rata basis;
- As the awards provide partial funding only, applicants must be able to confirm that they have the means to support any outstanding fees/costs not covered by this scheme, i.e. through other funding awards or self-funding.
- Applicable subjects
Applications may be submitted
from 01-Dec-2014 until 31-Mar-2015
Information about the funding
The Graduate School at King's College London is offering up to 20 scholarships to international students who wish to pursue a full-time postgraduate Masters degree programme in any discipline at King's College London commencing in the 2015/16 academic year.
Information about the application Academic merit / degree qualifications; Professional qualifications achieved, where relevant; Strength of personal statement; Applicant’s future plans, and what they plan to do with the postgraduate taught degree; Confirmation of other funds sought/secured, whether from other scholarships or family/self funds. Note that preference may be given to applicants who have already secured some ‘partial’ funding from alternative sources towards the cost of the postgraduate taught degree programme; Preference may be given to students who have not previously undertaken a postgraduate degree programme.
Applicants will be judged against the following criteria:
Faculties will be asked to provide details of the selected candidate(s), together with a list of reserve candidates, by the end of May 2015 at the latest.
All results will be announced via email in the first instance.
Candidates who are deemed ineligible by the PGSS office for any of the Graduate School PGT funding schemes, as covered by the online PGT funding form, will be informed about their ineligibility within 3 weeks from the Graduate School application deadline.
Eligible applicants who have been considered for the King’s President’s International Scholarships will be informed about the outcome of their application towards mid/end of May 2015.
Candidates who are selected for the awards will be asked to provide a decision on acceptance/decline by a given deadline. If a successful candidate fails to respond by the given deadline or declines the offer, their award will automatically be transferred to a reserve candidate who is next in-line for the award.
No further allocation or reallocation of awards should occur beyond the end of July 2015.
Value of award
Application procedure Personal details i.e. name, admissions ID/reference number, date of birth and email address Previous qualificationsEnglish language proficiency Details about the postgraduate taught (PGT) programme A personal statement Confirmation that they are seeking / have secured funds to cover any remaining fees/costs not covered by the Graduate School awards.
To be considered for the award, applicants MUST, by the application deadline of 17:00 GMT, 31st March 2015:
1) Have submitted a complete online admissions application for their chosen Masters programme at King's(https://apply.kcl.ac.uk/), as standard.
Admissions applications must be ‘complete’ in order for an application to be considered for funding, and for an admissions application to be deemed ‘complete’ it must contain all the relevant supporting documentation, such as references, transcripts, and English language scores. It will be the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all supporting materials are submitted to the College by the funding deadline of 31st March 2015, 17:00GMT.*
2) Submit a Graduate School PGT online funding form. Note that this online funding application form should only be completed once an admissions application has been submitted to the College. The online funding form can be accessed at: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/pg/funding/sources/pgt-form.aspx
*Students who have already applied for admissions, and those who hold a place but deferred entry to 2015/16, will not be required to submit an admissions application again.
Failure to submit both application forms, as appropriate, by the application deadline will result in the application being ineligible.
Applicants only need to submit the PGT online funding form ONCE. Please refrain from submitting multiple PGT online funding applications to the Graduate School.
As part of the Graduate School PGT online funding form, applicants will be asked to provide:
Information, guidelines and application forms for Graduate School Funding (PGT) can be found on the Graduate School Funding Database at the following website: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/pg/funding/sources/pgt.aspx
tweet us @kclgradschool
Tel +44 (0)20 7848 4146/3389
The Graduate School
Please note the database is updated regularly but is a guide only and not a guarantee of funding nor an exhaustive list of all funding available.