How to find us
MRC Social Genetic and Developmental Psychiatry Centre
Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience
King's College London
16 De Crespigny Park
Denmark Hill, London
Tel: +44(0)20 7848 0873
Denmark Hill Rail Station is adjacent to the campus, and is served by rail services from London Victoria, Blackfriars and Elephant and Castle stations; together with the new London Overground extension which runs between Surrey Quays and Clapham Junction stations.
The Overground extension replaces the South London Line service between Victoria and London Bridge. While there are now no direct trains between London Bridge and Denmark Hill, if travelling from London Bridge you will be able to reach us by changing at Queens Road Peckham.
Loughborough Junction Rail Station (15 min by foot) is served by Thameslink trains from London Blackfriars via Elephant and Castle.
Train times and any disruption to services can be checked on the TFL Journey Planner.
The nearest tube stations are Oval (Northern Line) and Elephant and Castle (Northern and Bakerloo Lines) from where the journey has to be completed by bus.
- King's College Hospital, Denmark Hill: 40, 68, 176, 185, 468, 484.
- Camberwell Green (about 10 minutes walk): 12, 35, 36, 42, 45, 345, 171.
- Coldharbour Lane (about five minutes walk): 35, 45, 345.
There are covered Sheffield racks and shower facilities for cyclists.
Maps of Denmark Hill Campus
Directions to the MRC SGDP Centre from the Denmark Hill Train Station:
• Turn right out of Denmark Hill Station.
• Turn right again down Windsor Walk
• After 2-3- minutes walk, turn left down the path along side the Addiction Sciences building (ASB, 4 Windsor Walk – purple building on map).
• Follow the footpath down and take the left fork.
• You will see a large terracotta and glass building, which is the SGDP (yellow building on map).
• Come to the outer glass doors where the receptionist will let you in (if no-one is at the desk, please press the doorbell to the left of the door).
Directions to the MRC SGDP Centre from the Bus stops at Denmark Hill (Outside the Maudsley Hospital):
Turn off Denmark Hill onto De Crespigny Park and walk down the pavement for about 50 metres
- You will pass the main IoPPN building on your right (navy building on map)
- After this building, turn right at the yellow car park barrier onto Memory Lane
- Walk up to the top of the path; you should be able to see the SGDP Centre as you walk – it is the terracotta tile/glass building to the left (yellow building on map.
- Come to the outer glass doors where the receptionist will let you in (if no-one is at the desk, please press the doorbell to the left of the door).