Cognitive Remediation Therapy (CRT)
5th - 6th of April 2017
Presented by: Dr Kate Tchanturia & Members of the Maudsley Eating Disorders Team
The aim of this workshop is to relate theoretical knowledge of cognitive remediation therapy (CRT) for anorexia nervosa (AN) as well as teach and practice the skills required to use CRT with this patient group.
There is robust evidence from neuropsychological laboratory research that patients with AN exhibit a trait of cognitive inflexibility (poor ‘set-shifting’ Westwood et al 2016, Tchanturia et al, 2011, 2012) as well as having an extreme detail focused thinking style (Lang et al 2014, 2015). CRT aims to target these thinking processes through simple exercises, reflection, behavioural experiments and guided supervision.
The topics covered in the workshop include:
1) Theoretical background of CRT
2) How CRT is tailored for use with people with Anorexia Nervosa
3) Preliminary findings from pilot research and randomised treatment trials
5) Group format using CRT principles
6) Working with adolescents
7) Feedback letters from patients and therapists
8) How CRT contributes to general formulation and treatment programme
9) Recent neuroimaging findings
10) Future Developments
The workshop will include teaching, video presentations, role play and practice in small groups.
Dr. Kate Tchanturia and her research and clinical team will present research and practical applications.
• Standard Fee: £300
(Registration includes lunches, refreshments, the delegates pack with presentations, and CPD certificate)
• Booking: All bookings should be made through the King's College eStore.
• Click here to book your place: CRT 2017 (sales will open on 03.01.2017)
• This event is CPD certified and equivalent to 10 CPD points
• • • • •
• Click here for the programme: CRT 2017 Programme
Where: Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience [IoPPN]
King's College London - Denmark Hill Campus
Seminar Rooms 1 & 2 - IoPPN Main Building
16 De Crespigny Park | London SE5 8AF
When: 5th - 6th of April (9am - 5pm)
Availibility: 35 places available