The Maudsley Debates take place three times a year at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience (IoPPN). Topics generally focus on issues that have a direct impact on mental health services, service users and mental health professionals.
The debates are open to all, and are attended by service users, carers, professionals, journalists and members of the public.
Speakers have included Germaine Greer, Lord David Owen, mental health tsar Louis Appleby, journalist Ben Goldacre and Baroness Mary Warnock.
The debates are free but extremely popular, and booking is essential.
Please note that audio and video recordings are taken at each debate.
55th Maudsley Debate (12th October 2016)
“Who needs Athena Swan? This house believes that UK universities already offer equal opportunities for all”.
- Dr Joanna Williams, Senior Lecturer in Higher Education, University of Kent, author of “Academic Freedom in an age of Conformity"
- Belinda Brown, Co-founder of the Gender Equity Network, UCL
- Prof Clare Gerada MBE, Former Chair, Royal College of General Practitioners
- Femi Otitojou, Founder and Training Director, Challenge Consultancy
- Shubulade Smith, Consultant Psychiatrist, SLAM and Clinical Senior Lecturer, IoPPN
Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience
Wolfson Lecture Theatre - Main building
16 De Crespigny Park, London SE5 8AF
Refreshments: 18.00 (The Hub Lounge)
Debate: 18.30 - 19.45 (Wolfson Lecture theatre)
Reception: 19.45 (The Hub Lounge)
This event will be live streamed on 12 October 2016 from 18:30 onwards at:
Event tickets/bookings available at: https://55thmaudsleydebate.eventbrite.co.uk
Events Project Manager: Jean-Philippe Calvin | firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep in touch
Find us on facebook >
Follow us on Twitter @MaudsleyDebates >
Join our mailing list >