Professor Ravi Tennekoon
Professor Tennekoon has taught the Law of International Finance at King’s College London for many years. He was until recently a full-time practitioner in the City and was a Partner in the global law firm of Herbert Smith in London in international capital markets and banking. Subsequently he was appointed Executive Director and Global Head of Legal for Financial Markets with a major European investment bank responsible for global legal work in the Banks major legal centres from London, New York, Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney and several other major global centres. In 1996 he was selected by the Chambers Directory of lawyers as one of the leading lawyers in international capital markets. He is the author of The Law and Regulation of International Finance (Butterworths). He was also a lecturer and tutor in laws at Trinity College, University of Oxford, after reading law on a Rhodes Scholarship at Oxford.
Professor Tennekoon’s work focuses on International Capital Markets, Derivatives and Credit Derivatives, International Banking, Securitisations, Regulatory and Conflict of laws aspects of financial markets.
- The Law and Regulation of International Finance (Butterworths 1991, 1993, 1994, 2000, 2003, 2004)
- Various publications in Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law, the German Yearbook of International law.
- Law of International Finance 1
- Law of International Finance 2 - Project Finance & Loan Sales
- Law of International Finance 3 - Securitisations, Derivatives & CDO's