An innovative programme offering dental practitioners with the necessary skills and knowledge to provide high quality functional dental restorations with optimal aesthetic value. Focused on providing dental care where there is a clinical need to restore oral health and function, the course also covers cosmetic and facial techniques.
The face-to-face training takes place in London.
- Renowned centre of international excellence for teaching and research, part of the Russell Group
- Pioneers of teaching dentistry through a blended learning approach, with over 20 years experience
- 19 days of intensive, Face to face tuition in Years One and Two where students will learn and practice contemporary clinical techniques, with an emphasis on hands-on, practical training, delivered using world class training facilities
- Course material, (text and practical) delivered by a team of highly experienced clinical tutors and academics, many of whom are world-leaders in their respective field
- Multi-authored course text material key delivered online in a comprehensive modular format, supported by copious references and access to institutional library facilities
- Online support by the means of regular webinars and tutorials presented by core staff and subject based expert tutors
- Contributes towards continuing professional development (CPD, with over 70 verifiable hours per year), allowing learning with reduced disruption to daily practicing routines
- Opportunity to network with other Distance Learning students and Core Academic Staff.
A sample of the course is available in the Taster
Dental Open Evenings
Find out when King's is visiting your country
Prof Brian Millar & Dr Subir Banerji
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
Three years, flexible learning, January start.
Study at home using flexible learning materials, as well as compulsory attendance at an intensive face-to-face course in years one, two and three in London.
It is expected that graduates will continue in general practice offering a higher standard of clinical care with an increased confidence and ability. They might also use the programme to enter independent practice.
Year of entry 2015