Ideal for students who want to rethink leadership and management in a new key, based on a “humanities-driven approach”.
The MA in Ethical Leadership is designed to provide an understanding of the theory, practice and ethics of leadership equipping students with the relevant intellectual tools for understanding leadership, for further post-graduate study in the humanities, and for preparing for leadership roles. That is why the programme will entail theoretical as well as more practice-oriented components. The programme will allow students to ascertain an in-depth understanding of the theory of leadership ethics and the ethical challenges of leadership practice. The courses provided within the MA will enable students to rethink leadership and management in a new key, based on a “humanities-driven approach”.
Specifically the MA will permit students to:
- Oversee the contemporary discussion on leadership and leadership issues.
- Master the discourse pertinent to this field and engage with the scholarly debates within it.
- Examine the moral, cultural, political, religious, ideological and historical factors that influence leadership styles.
- Become familiar with the art of ethical decision making.
- Gain specialist knowledge of and develop the ability to critically analyse classical approaches to leadership and leadership ethics – from various philosophical and religious begin to use an array of primary sources for research purposes.
Professor Clemens Sedmak, Theology & Religious Studies
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
One year FT, two years PT, September to September.
New degree - not known.
Year of entry 2013