Welcome to the UK’s oldest Clinical Psychology training programme. The three year Doctorate in Clinical Psychology is based within the Department of Psychology. Trainees spend three days a week on supervised clinical practice placements within King’s Health Partners world-famous NHS Trusts – South London and Maudsley, King’s College Hospital and Guys and St. Thomas’. Two days a week are for teaching, study and research.
- Practice placements within world famous teaching hospitals.
- Opportunities for study and research with world leaders.
- Eligibility to apply to the Health and Care Professions Council Register of Applied Psychologists.
- College-wide information and support system including the renowned library at the Institute of Psychiatry and access to a widely varied academic programme.
- Located in the heart of London.
Professor Paul Chadwick
The programme is approved by the Health and Care Professions Council, the statutory regulator for practitioner psychologists in the UK, and accredited by the British Psychological Society.
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
Three years FT, September to September.
Denmark Hill Campus.
Most students go on to work as clinical psychologists in the National Health Service.
Year of entry 2014