This MA enables students to undertake close study of the history of Britain, Europe and the wider world between c.1500-1800, highlighting themes of political, cultural, religious and social history. Students choose from a wide range of modules and take two compulsory core courses on practical skills and methodological approaches. Leads to further research or careers in museums, journalism, finance and the cultural sector.
- One of the best history departments in the world, ranked 3rd in the Sunday Times 2013 rankings for History.
- King's graduates enjoy one of the best employment rates and starting salaries in the UK. King’s is the Sunday Times ‘Best University for Graduate Employment 2012-3’.
- A wide set of optional modules all taught by established experts in the field
- A rigorous core course that trains students in historical research in archives, manuscripts, print and objects
- Central London location and staff expertise offers students unrivalled access to world-class museums, collections, archives and libraries as well as easy access to resources in Europe.
- Vibrant research culture of seminars, workshops and conferences in the department and at the Institute of Historical Research, in which students are encouraged to participate.
Follow King's history on facebook
Professor Laura Gowing
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
One year FT, two years PT, September to September.
Leads to further research or careers in museums, education, journalism, finance, politics and the cultural sector.
Year of entry 2015