The primary aim of the MBA programme is to develop a critical and constructive understanding of Further and Vocational Education Management.
Participants at the end of the programme should be able to:
- Engage with technical and critical frameworks of analysis relating to business practices associated with FE/VET provision.
- Understand the nature of FE/VET markets and issues relating to the commercial positioning of FE/VET services and products.
- Develop strategic and commercially viable business plans within a FE/VET setting.
- Understand the relationships between client/business goals and education/training needs.
- Understand principles of finance, budgeting, resource management and external relations in the context of educational institutions and organisations.
- Draw on scholarly resources and debates to critically evaluate competing conceptions of occupational expertise and understand the impact these have on processes of VET provision, learning and assessment.
- Engage with the social, political and ethical dimensions of FE/VET provision.
Dr Gerard Lum
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
One year FT, two to four years PT, September to September.
This programme is intended for those who aspire to occupy middle or senior management positions in Further/Vocational Education or who wish to advance their careers in training and development within commercial organisations.
Year of entry 2013