This BPS accredited MSc, is intended for graduate psychologists who want to go on to obtain BPS recognition as a charted health psychologist. This programme combines classroom teaching, individual study, and practical work in statistics, supervised research project and a 100hr health based clinical placement.
- Accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Pioneers of postgraduate training in this discipline since 1987
- Leading research centre in clinical health psychology
- Collaborations within many NHS services across King's Health Partners
- Visiting lecturers who are world class in their fields
- Access to first class dedicated facilities
- 100 hour supervised placement opportunities within the NHS, 3rd section and industry
- Small class sizes
Professor Rona Moss-Morris; Dr Joe Chilcot
British Psychological Society as Stage One training towards becoming a Chartered Health Psychologist.
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
One year FT, September to September
5th floor, Bermondsey Wing, Health Psychology Section, Guy's Hospital, London Bridge
Continue to complete BPS Stage 2 and practise as a Health Psychologist in clinical settings, Research Assistants, PhD study, jobs in behaviour relevant to health, illness and health care delivery e.g. smoking cessation adviser, 3rd sector.
Year of entry 2015