The MRes is an advanced historical research programme, and students specialize in ancient, medieval, early modern or modern history under the supervision of an expert in their chosen field of research. Students receive training in historiographical and technical skills necessary for doctoral study and develop their knowledge of the period they choose to focus on.
- One of the best history departments in the world, ranked 3rd in The Sunday Times 2013 rankings for History.
- King's graduates enjoy one of the best employment rates and starting salaries in the UK. King’s is the Sunday Times ‘Best University for Graduate Employment 2012-3’. We were ranked third for graduate-level jobs and fifth for highest starting salaries in the 2012 Sunday Times University Guide.
- Ideal preparation for doctoral study, with advanced training in research skills combined with an extended dissertation.
- Specialise in Ancient, Medieval, Early Modern or Modern History.
- The central London location offers students unrivalled access to world-class museums, collections, archives and libraries as well as easy access to resources in Europe.
- Vibrant research culture, including seminars and conferences at which students are encouraged to participate and give papers.
Follow King's history on facebook
Dr Max Edling
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
One year FT, two years PT, September to September.
Leads to further research or careers in education, journalism, finance, politics and cultural sectors.
Year of entry 2015