Human & Applied Physiology enables students to gain a theoretical and practical understanding of the functioning of the muscular, respiratory and cardiovascular systems at rest and during exercise, including the effects of extreme environmental conditions on whole body physiology. Leads to careers in teaching and research, medicine, physiotherapy, health services, physical education.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
- The original and foremost programme in human and applied physiology in the UK.
- Training in a wide variety of practical laboratory skills pertaining to human physiology.
- A knowledge base of human physiology particularly relevant for careers in biomedical research and medicine.
- Lectures from world leading experts in a variety of different fields.
- Unique exposure of human physiology applied to aviation and military medicine only available at King's.
- Located in the heart of London.
Professor Stephen Harridge
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
One year FT, September to September.
Guy's Campus; some projects may take place on non-campus locations.
Our graduates go on to careers in academic teaching and research, medicine, clinical physiology, health services, sports science support, and research posts in industry or in Ministry of Defence Research Establishments.
Year of entry 2013