A master's in American Studies enables students to gain a full appreciation and understanding of American culture, politics and society within an interdisciplinary framework. Ideal foundations for research or careers in North American institutions, teaching, public relations, media and publishing or the financial sector.
- Offers the opportunity to study with leading international experts dealing with North America.
- As an interdisciplinary programme, the MA enables students to study North America from a variety of different perspectives.
- A wide range of optional taught modules drawing on King’s-wide expertise.
- We accept students from a wide range of academic backgrounds, so specific training on North America is not necessary.
- The unrivalled location in the heart of London brings outstanding advantages. Students enjoy excellent academic, social and cultural opportunities, unrivalled access to library and archival resources, and easy access to resources in Europe.
- Students are able to take an internship in an American cultural or political institution as part of their studies to increase employability.
Dr Uta Balbier, Institute of North American Studies
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
One year FT, two years PT, September to September.
Many MA students go on to pursue research, others develop their skills in North American institutions, or else in teaching, journalism, new media and at other universities.
Year of entry 2013