The MA Child Studies at King’s is a multi-disciplinary programme designed to meet the needs of professionals and graduates working or intending to work with or on behalf of children and young people. It is of particular relevance for anyone in a child safeguarding role, including social workers, child and family lawyers, named or designated health practitioners, teachers, police officers and NGO staff.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
- Multi-disciplinary approach
- Largely taught by external expert speakers, as well as King's staff from a variety of disciplinary backgrounds
- Centres around contemporary issues in child protection and children's rights
- Opportunity for students to exchange ideas and experiences with those from different disciplines
- Located in the heart of London.
Mrs Jenny Driscoll
Carries Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, Bar Council and Law Society CPD points.
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180-190/ECTS 90-95
One year FT or two to four years PT, September to September.
Our graduates frequently progress to senior practitioner posts involving child-related work. Many students have found that the multidisciplinary aspect of the programme has opened up unexpected or unique opportunities, including research or policy positions with some of the larger children's charities.
Year of entry 2014