Clinical Dermatology is a taught programme for medical graduates wishing to specialise in dermatology. Students will gain clinical skills and knowledge of the scientific basis of clinical dermatology. They will develop practical training in laboratory sciences relevant to skin disease. The programme also includes a critical evaluation of dermatological literature on a specialist subject.
- The programme is highly practical with regular laboratory sessions, and the timetable includes teaching in a variety of clinics.
- Tailor made for overseas medical graduates in particular.
- Many lectures and clinics are led by world-leading experts.
- Students are invited to participate in weekly and monthly clinical meetings in St Thomas’ Hospital.
- As part of the course, students attend a variety of short courses and conferences run by the Department.
- Located in the heart of London.
Professor Jonathan Barker
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
One year FT, October to September.
St Thomas' Hospital, King's College Hospital, and Guy's Hospital campuses.
Graduates have progressed their careers in senior hospital posts and private practice back in their own countries. Some of our graduates have pursued further higher qualifications and Foundation Programmes in the UK.
Year of entry 2013