An MSc in Computing & Security will provide you with the knowledge and practical expertise to evaluate, design and build computer security systems. Delivered by of the Department of Informatics, which has an enviable reputation for research-led teaching and project supervision from leading experts in their field.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
- Unrivalled location in the heart of London giving access to major libraries and leading scientific societies, including the BCS Chartered Institute for IT, and the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
- Addresses a growing interest in advance security methods by providing theoretical and practical knowledge of a broad range of techniques for developing security solutions.
- Aims to give coverage of the whole field of security and related computing areas, rather than specialising on one area.
- Develops critical awareness and appreciation of the changing role of computing in society, motivating graduates to pursue continuing professional development and further research.
- Access to speakers of international repute through seminars and external lectures, enabling students to keep abreast of emerging knowledge in computing and security and related fields.
Dr Jeroen Keppens
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
One year FT, September to September.
Via the Departmentís Careers Programme, students are able to network with top employers and obtain advice on how to enhance career prospects. Our graduates have gone on to have very successful careers in industry and research. Our graduates are working in general software consultancy companies, specialised software development companies and the IT departments of large institutions (financial, telecommunications and public sector). Recent employers include Hang Seng Bank, Lloyds Banking Group and Merrill Corporation. Other graduates have entered into the field of academic and industrial research in areas such as software engineering, algorithms and computer networks.
Year of entry 2013