This MA bridges the conventional division between British and European history, c.1500-1800. Students choose from a wide range of modules covering political, social and cultural history of the Early Modern period and take two compulsory taught modules: Approaches to Early Modern History & Advanced Skills for Historians. Leads to further research or careers in education, journalism, finance, politics and cultural sectors.
- One of the best history departments in the world, ranked 2nd in the UK by The Sunday Times newspaper (2011).
- Excellent graduate prospects, amongst the top five in the country (Times Good University Guide, 2010).
- The MA bridges conventional division between British and European history, 1500-1800.
- Wide range of modules covering political, social and cultural history of the Early Modern period.
- The central London location offers students unrivalled access to world-class museums, collections, archives and libraries as well as easy access to resources in Europe.
- Vibrant research culture, including seminars and conferences at which students are encouraged to participate and give papers.
Follow King's history on facebook
Dr Laura Gowing
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
One year FT, two years PT, September to September.
Leads to further research or careers in teaching, archives, the media, finance, politics and heritage industries.
Year of entry 2013