Delivered by internationally leading researchers, this is the longest running programme of its type in England. Gain knowledge and understanding of the forensic process and of the analytical techniques used in crime investigation. Leads to further study for a PhD or careers in forensic science.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
- A well established and highly respected forensic science programme with contributions from practising forensic scientists who are experts in their field.
- The Department has formal associations with the Metropolitan Police Forensic Services Directorate and links to many Forensic Science and Drug testing laboratories in the UK, EU and worldwide.
- Opportunities for integrated training placements in forensic laboratories mentioned above.
- Exposure to cutting edge technology and methodology at the forefront of forensic science research and development.
- Students wishing to pursue a career in research have an opportunity to take an extended, 28 week project to gain the MRes qualification.
Dr Barbara Daniel
Forensic Science Society accredited course
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90 UK 240/ECTS 180
MSc: one year FT, September to September. MRes: 15 months, September to February.
Waterloo Campus for the first two terms, the third term usually outside the College.
Most of our students go on to work in the forensic science sector with LGC Forensics and Orchid-Cellmark being the major employers. Others have taken employment with the Metropolitan Police or crime scene departments of other police forces. Many of our Canadian graduates now work for the RCMP or the Toronto Centre for Forensic Sciences. Some of our students go on to do a PhD either at King's College London or other universities across the country.
Year of entry 2013