This BPS accredited MSc, is intended for graduate psychologists who want to go on to obtain BPS recognition as a charted health psychologist. This programme combines classroom teaching, individual study, and practical work in statistics, supervised research project and a 100hr health based clinical placement.
- Accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- Pioneers of postgraduate training in this discipline since 1987
- Leading research centre in clinical health psychology
- Collaborations within many NHS services across King's Health Partners
- Visiting lecturers who are world class in their fields
- Access to first class dedicated facilities
- 100 hour supervised placement opportunities within the NHS, 3rd section and industry
- Small class sizes
Professor Rona Moss-Morris; Dr Joe Chilcot
British Psychological Society as Stage One training towards becoming a Chartered Health Psychologist.
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
One year FT, September to September (two days per week plus additional clinical placement sessions).
5th floor, Bermondsey Wing, Health Psychology Section, Guy's Hospital, London Bridge
Continue to complete BPS Stage 2 and practise as a Health Psychologist in clinical settings, Research Assistants, PhD study, jobs in behaviour relevant to health, illness and health care delivery e.g. smoking cessation adviser, 3rd sector.
Year of entry 2015