Study with our dedicated Health Psychology Section, pioneers of postgraduate training in this discipline since 1987. Intended for graduate psychologists who want to go on to obtain British Psychological Society recognition as a chartered health psychologist. Combines classroom teaching, individual study, practical work in statistics and a supervised research project. Students are provided with placement opportunities.
- This programme is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS).
- The Health Psychology Section of Kings College London has pioneered postgraduate training in this discipline since 1987.
- The MSc Health Psychology attracts visiting lecturers who are recognised as leaders in their field.
- The Health Psychology Section has active colloborations within many clinics across Kings Health Partners who welcome the opportunity to support graduates on placements and engaged in research.
- Students have access to first class dedicated facilities.
- Department of Psychology has an international reputation for its course in Health Psychology.
Professor Rona Moss-Morris; Dr Joe Chilcot
British Psychological Society as Stage One training towards becoming a Chartered Health Psychologist.
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
One year FT, September to September (two days per week plus additional clinical placement sessions).
Psychology Unit, Guy's Campus.
Research Assistants, PhD studies, continue to complete BPS Stage 2 and practice as a Health Psychologist in clinical settings, jobs in behaviour relevant to health, illness and health care delivery, eg smoking cessation adviser.
Year of entry 2014