The MRes is an advanced historical research programme, and students specialize in ancient, medieval, early modern or modern history. Students receive training in historiographical and technical skills necessary for doctoral study and develop their knowledge of the period they choose to focus on. Leads to further research or careers in education, journalism, finance, politics and cultural sectors.
- One of the best history departments in the world, ranked 2nd in the UK by The Sunday Times newspaper (2011).
- Excellent graduate prospects, amongst the top five in the country (Times Good University Guide, 2010).
- Ideal preparation for doctoral study, with advanced training in research skills combined with an extended dissertation.
- Specialise in Ancient, Medieval, Early Modern or Modern History.
- The central London location offers students unrivalled access to world-class museums, collections, archives and libraries as well as easy access to resources in Europe.
- Vibrant research culture, including seminars and conferences at which students are encouraged to participate and give papers.
Follow King's history on facebook
Dr Adam Sutcliffe
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
One year FT, two years PT, September to September.
Leads to further research or careers in teaching, archives, the media, finance, politics and heritage industries.
Year of entry 2013