Immunology enables students to gain an understanding of the structure and functioning of the immune system at the cell, molecular and genetic level, and its relation to health and disease. Ideal for scientists from clinical and non-clinical backgrounds as preparation for undertaking a PhD or other scientific research, as well as improving employment prospects.
- Includes a six month research-based laboratory project.
- Attendance at national residential immunology conference included.
- Benefits from the input of over 45 lecturers that come from King's, other colleges of the University of London and further afield.
- Two scholarships available (for home/EU students).
- Based in a central London location.
Dr Helen Collins
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
One year FT, September to September.
Guy's Campus; some projects may take place on non campus locations.
Many MSc Immunology graduates go on to research positions in either a university or research institute as PhD students or graduate research assistants. Others have gone into careers in hospital laboratories as clinical scientists or obtained positions in the pharmaceutical industry.
Year of entry 2013