Medical Imaging Sciences aims to provide graduates of chemistry, physics, computing, mathematics, biology, pharmacy or medicine, with advanced training in the imaging field. Intended mainly as preparation for a PhD, but also serves as training for employment in hospitals and industry. Key components are two research projects, which may be linked around different aspects of a single research area in medical imaging.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
- MRC studentship funding available. Full scholarship includes tuition fees and a stipend of £15,897
- Access to state of the art preclinical and clinical imaging facilities.
- Two 4 month research projects within the Imaging Sciences’ Wellcome/EPSRC Medical Engineering Centre or CRUK/EPSRC Comprehensive Cancer Imaging Centre.
- Research facilities based within a hospital environment enabling basic imaging science to be translated quickly into the clinic.
- May constitute first year of a 4-year PhD.
- Located in the heart of London.
Professor Phil Blower; Dr Greg Mullen
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
One year FT, September to September
St Thomas’ Campus. Research projects may take place at other locations.
Expected destinations are study for PhD, employment (research or service) in the NHS and commercial nuclear medicine services, the pharmaceutical or medical engineering industry.
Year of entry 2013