MSc Medicine, Science & Society addresses the nature and implications of developments in health and medicine in an international context and from a social science perspective. It examines the social, economic, political, legal and ethical implications of recent developments in advanced biomedicine and biotechnology.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
- Taught within a world class department that focuses on social scientific approaches to health and medicine, and conducts innovative research thatinfluences national and global health policy.
• A truly interdisciplinary programme, taught by leading researchers who have trained in a wide range of fields, from anthropology, sociology, and geography to psychology, bioethics, medicine and biology.
• Opportunities to join a thriving research community, and to participate with active researchers in a range of extra-curricular events, such as reading groups, roundtable discussions, and workshops.
• Opportunities to engage with worlds of policy-making, non-governmental agencies, and biomedical research.
• World renowned visiting speakers.
• A wide range of specialist options.
• Located in the heart of London.
Dr Scott Vrecko
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
One year FT, two years PT, September to September.
Students may go on to pursue academic careers or a career in sociology, other social sciences, policy and regulation in government, NGOs in the UK or internationally.
King’s students have demonstrable success in
the labour market. High employment rates are a tribute to the strength of our Careers & Employability Service as well as the quality of our students.
Our postgraduates benefit from close connections with the UK’s professional, political, legal, scientific and cultural life, and from our partnership with three leading NHS hospital foundation trusts.King’s is committed to connecting public and private innovators to the knowledge, skills and wisdom of our 3,200 researchers.
Year of entry 2013