King's is internationally renowned for medieval history and our MA offers training in Latin, Palaeography and research skills, and choice of options from Magna Carta and medieval women to digital humanities. We have particular strengths in Anglo-Saxon England, Britain in the central Middle Ages and early medieval Europe.
- One of the best history departments in the world, ranked 2nd in the UK by The Sunday Times newspaper (2011).
- Excellent graduate prospects, amongst the top five in the country (Times Good University Guide, 2010).
- International centre of excellence for the study of Medieval history.
- Introduces students to the burgeoning field of digital humanities through collaboration with the King's Centre for Computing in the Humanities (CCH).
- The central London location offers students unrivalled access to world-class museums, collections, archives and libraries as well as easy access to resources in Europe.
- Vibrant research culture, including seminars and conferences at which students are encouraged to participate and give papers.
Follow King's history on facebook
Dr Stephen Baxter
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
One year FT, two years PT, September to September.
Leads to further research or careers in teaching, archives, the media, finance, politics and heritage industries.
Year of entry 2013