This MA is focused on European and British history since the mid 18th century, and students are encouraged to think beyond the rigid confines of country, period and discipline. We offer a huge range of options taught by world-leading experts, including modules taught in the Centre for Contemporary British History. Leads to further research or careers in education, journalism, finance, politics and cultural sectors.
- One of the best history departments in the world, ranked 2nd in the UK by The Sunday Times newspaper (2011).
- Excellent graduate prospects, amongst the top five in the country (Times Good University Guide, 2010).
- Innovative comparative approach to British and Continental European history since the 18th-century.
- The central London location offers students unrivalled access to world-class museums, collections, archives and libraries as well as easy access to resources in Europe.
- Vibrant research culture, including seminars and conferences at which students are encouraged to participate and give papers.
Follow King's history on facebook
Dr Liza Filby
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
One year FT, two years PT, September to September.
Leads to further research or careers in teaching, archives, the media, finance, politics and heritage industries.
Year of entry 2013