Specialise in either Musicology or Composition by selecting from a wide range of modules inside and outside the department. Ideal as a foundation for further research or composition at doctoral level or to build on existing skills.
- Intensively taught programme covering a wide range of specialised topics.
- Provides a foundation for further research focusing on current approaches and advanced techniques.
- Musicology students choose from historical and theoretical modules taught by distinguished staff in Music and, if they wish, from modules in other Arts and Humanities departments.
- Composition students benefit from one-to-one lessons and participation in composition seminars and have the opportunity to hear their works performed by resident ensemble Lontano.
- Located in the heart of London.
Dr Andy Fry (musicology), Professor Silvina Milstein (composition)
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
One year FT, two years PT, September to September.
Further research in the department; further research (at doctoral level) in overseas (particularly USA) universities; teaching; media, arts, other related bodies.
Year of entry 2013