Clinically-orientated programme, with over 1,000 hours of professional practice and rigorous academic content, for science graduates wishing to become physiotherapists. Provides eligibility to apply for registration with the Health and Care Professions Council and membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
- NHS commissioners awarded King's pre-registration physiotherapy programmes a rating of 100% for all contract performance indicators in their 2012/13 'Quality & Contract Performance Management' process
- 95 per cent of 2010 graduates employed in healthcare, 90 per cent as physiotherapists
- Located in the heart of London - King’s Health Partners is one of the UK’s five Academic Health Science Centres bringing together a world-leading research led university (King’s College London) and three successful NHS Foundation Trusts (Guy’s and St Thomas’, King’s College Hospital and South London and Maudsley)
- Internationally and nationally renowned research active teaching staff
- Quality partnership working with physiotherapy practice partners ensures graduates have the knowledge, skills and personal attributes required by the NHS and other employers
- Innovative collaborative teaching partnerships in physiotherapy with Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust and Bromley Healthcare Community Interest Company – secure advice and teaching input from physiotherapists at the forefront of practice to each individual module of the programme and across the practice spectrum
- Practice placements are integrated throughout the academic programme
- Established programme of interprofessional learning opportunities with other health care professional students is accessed in both College and practice
- Patient/Service User involvement in curriculum design, learning and teaching and module assessment.
- State of the art Clinical Skills centre – the largest centre of its kind in the UK
- Innovative opportunities to learn through clinical simulation
- The Health Schools at Kings are responsible for the education of more than 10,000 health professions students, making King’s the largest centre for healthcare training in Europe – and an extremely rich and welcoming learning environment.
Dr Claire White
Eligibility to apply for registration with the Health and Care Professions Council and membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
Two years FT, September to September.
Guy's Campus, with external professional clinical placements.
Predominantly physiotherapy but also: clinical research, sports, leisure and other graduate opportunities.
Year of entry 2015