The MA Public Policy is a broad-based programme aimed at enabling students to understand the workings of the policy process in contemporary societies. The programme combines conceptual policy analysis with more practically-oriented courses. There are opportunities to take specialist modules in a wide range of policy areas in addition to a credit-bearing internship.
- A truly interdisciplinary course.
- A wider range of options than any competitor programme.
- Provides specialist pathways constructed through option choices.
- Close links with the worlds of politics and policy.
- Students benefit from hearing visiting speakers from the worlds of politics and government.
- There is a well-developed internship scheme.
- Taught by a range of experts and sector specialists from across the College.
- Located in the heart of London.
Professor Ken Young
King's College London
Cross disciplinary Social Science.
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
One year FT, two years PT, September to September.
Strand and Waterloo Campuses
Students are employed in a variety of Public Sector management and policy oriented positions and there is an active alumni network. Examples of past studentsí current occupations include: working in the policy and analysis section of a large London Embassy; health service management positions with responsibility for multi-million pound budgets; policy adviser to the chairman of a major transport organisation; becoming senior analyst in the Ministry of Industry and Trade of a developing country; member of a national legislature; policy development for a large NGO; running a policy website. Students have usually progressed to higher level management positions and overseas students typically return home to new fast-track governmental and Public Service positions which build on their expertise.
Year of entry 2014