The MA Public Policy is a flagship programme of the Department of Political Economy. It is a broad-based programme, that emphasises the theories and concepts of policy analysis needed to understand the workings of the policy process in contemporary societies. There are opportunities to take specialist modules in different policy areas, including education, health policy and foreign policy.
- A truly interdisciplinary course.
- A wider range of options than any competitor programme.
- Provides specialist pathways constructed through option choices.
- Close links with the worlds of politics and policy.
- Students benefit from hearing visiting speakers from the worlds of politics and government.
- There is a well-developed internship scheme.
- Taught by a range of experts and sector specialists from across the College.
- Located in the heart of London.
Professor Ken Young
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
One year FT, two years PT, September to September.
Students progress into careers in the world of public policy in a governmental or NGO setting, or to academic or more generalist careers.
Year of entry 2013