For students with an undergraduate degree or equivalent who wish to have the experience of one year in a leading UK Mathematics Department, or who may not be immediately eligible for entry to a higher degree in the UK and who wish to upgrade their degree. If you successfully complete this programme with a merit or distinction we may consider you for the MSc programme.
You will attend eight of the courses currently offered to BSc or MSci students. Subject to timetable constraints, considerable choice is possible. The courses available, which change slightly from year to year, include:
- Elementary Number Theory
- Partial Differential Equations & Complex Variables
- Linear Algebra
- Geometry of Surfaces
- Real Analysis II
- Complex Analysis
- Galois Theory
- Special Relativity & Electromagnetism
- Introductory Quantum Theory
- Space-time Geometry & General Relativity
- Mathematical Finance I: Discrete Time
- Mathematical Finance II: Continuous Time
- Rings & Modules
- Representation Theory of Finite Groups
- Control Theory
- Fourier Analysis
- Applied Analytic Methods
- Project (mathematical topic).
You may also take modules at other London colleges subject to approval.
Professor Eugene Shargorodsky
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 120/ECTS 60
One year FT, two years PT, September to June.
Further study at MSc and PhD level, employment as analysts in investment banks and industrial researchers in large companies.
Year of entry 2013