ACADEMIC ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
General entry advice
All of the following requirements must be met by applicants:
Qualification and employment status
- UK applicants will be expected to have a diploma in Professional Studies (Maxillofacial Prosthetics & Technology) or a degree in Dental Technology with at least two years post-qualification technical experience.
- Overseas applicants should have a dental technology qualification and at least two years postgraduate experience.
- Overseas applicants will not be expected to have completed the Diploma in Professional studies (Maxillofacial Prosthetics & Technology) but must have a focused interest in maxillofacial and craniofacial technology.
- Students wishing to undertake the Oro-Facial Prosthodontics module must be clinically qualified to perform prosthodontic treatment.
- Overseas applicants will also be accepted with a dental qualification if employed as a prosthodontist in a dental practice, dental school, hospital, or community dental services environment.
Access to facilities and equipment
- Access to appropriate library facilities, email and internet.
- Adequate clinical facilities and access to patients requiring treatment relevant to your subject area.
- Approved video equipment, as part of the monitoring process (advice on this will be given on this).
- Access to an appropriate dental library.
- USB headset with a microphone (or separate headphones and microphone).
- Internet connection - broadband is preferable. Ideally with minimum speeds of 2Mbps down and 3Mbps up.
- A wired internet connection is preferable, so if you have wireless internet access, you may need to be able to connect your computer by cable to maintain a high-quality connection during tutorials.
- Cookies must be enabled.
- Popup windows must be enabled.
For EU/international students (where eligible) there is additional country-specific information within our international students section