Core programme content
- Work in College
- Professional values and practice
- Support sessions
- First primary school placement
- Two secondary school placements
- Second primary school placement.
- 7SSEP001: Professional Studies
- 7SSEP002: Focused Pedagogical Resources
- 6SSEP003: Professional Practice in Education
- 6SSEP004: Pedagogic Resources.
Indicative non-core content
FORMAT AND ASSESSMENT
Course assessment: King's and its partnership schools assess trainees through their work in schools and college, coursework assignments and subject work assignments. To be awarded PGCE trainees must meet the Department for Education's (HM Government) standards for Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
Dr Mary Webb
Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) is the accreditation which enables individuals to teach in state-maintained and special schools in England and Wales, recognising the attainment of a formal set of skills and qualities candidates require to be effective teachers.
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 120/ECTS 60 credits
36 weeks FT, from September to end June.
The majority of trainees go into teaching or other areas of education: many become heads of departments or members of senior management teams; some take up careers in educational administration in the advisory or inspection services.
Year of entry 2013