Core programme content
The PG Certificate in Academic Practice in Higher Education has one 30 credit core module:
- Enhancing Academic Practice.
Indicative non-core content
In addition to the 30 credit core module, participants can then select two 15 credit option modules. An indicative list of option modules are as follows:
- Assessment and Feedback in Higher Education.
- Curriculum Design and Development.
- The Distinctiveness of Experts' Teaching.
- Enhancing Student Academic Literacy.
- Supporting Technology-Enhanced Learning in the Digital Age.
Participants may also choose from relevant option modules available in the Institute's other postgraduate taught provision.
FORMAT AND ASSESSMENT
All modules will be taught by workshops and/or seminars, microteaching, teaching observations in practice and participation in online learning. All modules will be assessed by means of written assignment, depending on choice of module this may be by essay, e-portfolio, annotated curriculum or equivalent.
Dr Emma Medland
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
60 UK/30 ECTS
PG Cert 12 to 18 months PT
Enhanced academic role in higher education.
Year of entry 2013