Core programme content
All modules on the programme must be taken and passed. These are:
- Physiotherapy Practice in the Lower Quadrant
- Physiotherapy Practice in the Upper Quadrant
- Clinical Education in Neuromusculoskeletal Physiotherapy
- Research Process & Practice applied to Tissues in Health & Disease
- Muscle & Exercise Physiology
- Neuroscience, Pain & Rehabilitation
- Research Project in Advanced Physiotherapy (Neuromusculoskeletal).
FORMAT AND ASSESSMENT
Delivered by a combination of formal taught sessions, seminars, prosections, practical sessions, clinical placements and self-directed learning. Assessment is by written assignments and written, oral, practical and clinical examinations. The research project is presented to an invited audience.
Approved by the Manipulation Association of Chartered Physiotherapists (MACP).
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
Typically one year FT, two years PT, September to September. Occasionally students complete the MSc PT over 3 years.
Band 7 & 8 physiotherapists, extended scope practitioner, clinical specialist, consultant, private physiotherapy practitioner, lecturer, researcher and PhD student.
Year of entry 2013