Core programme content
The PG Certificate in Clinical Pedagogy has three core 15 credit modules:
- Fundamentals of Pedagogy
- Effective Teaching and Learning - Further Clinical Applications
- Observing Teaching.
The PG Diploma has two core 15 credit modules:
- Using Research in Higher Education
- Researching Higher Education.
In addition for the Masters in Clinical Pedagogy:
An exemption can be sought by individuals who hold a Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice or equivalent.
Indicative non-core content
The PG Certificate has three15-credit compulsory module Fundamentals of Pedagogy.
Participants can then select from a range of 15-credit optional modules. An indicative list of option modules that may be available include:
- Interprofessional Leadership & Learning
- Models of Expertise
- Personal Development and Continuing Professional Development
- Dentistry in an Educational Context
- Pharmacy in an Educational Context
- Nutrition and Dietetics in Educational Context
- e-Pedagogies: Technology as a Tool for Teaching and Learning in Clinical Settings
- Intercultural Education.
Participants proceeding to the PG Diploma are able to select any of the above option modules, providing they have not been taken at the PG Certificate level.
FORMAT AND ASSESSMENT
Each module is delivered using workshops and postgraduate seminars. In addition modules may include observation of teaching in practice. All modules will be assessed by means of a written assignment or dissertation.
Dr Gabriel Reedy
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
PG Cert one year PT, PG Dip 18 months PT, MA three years PT.
Enhanced teaching role in the participant's own clinical environment.
Year of entry 2013