Core programme content
- Introduction to Economics of Competition Law
- Market Power
- Market Definition.
- Predation and Excessive Pricing
- Price Discrimination, Discounts, Tying & Bundling
- Refusal to supply, Essential Facilities and Margin Squeeze
- Network Effects and Multi-Sided Markets
- Cartels and Vertical Restraints.
- Mergers: Unilateral Effects
- Mergers: Co-ordinated Effects, Vertical and Non-horizontal Mergers
- State Aid
- Quantitative Techniques.
FORMAT AND ASSESSMENT
Compulsory assignments and examination for the Postgraduate Diploma. MA: dissertation.
Professor Richard Whish
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
Two years PT (distance learning), October to October.
Distance learning with two weekend seminars in central London.
This programme enables practitioners to further progress in their chosen profession.
Year of entry 2013