Core programme content
- Associations between mental disorders and antisocial and criminal behaviours
- Research Methodology & Statistics
Indicative non-core content
Optional modules (subject to availability).
30 credit modules, open to all students:
- Risk management, treatment and services for mentally disordered persons
- Mental Health Law
- Criminal Justice Mental Health
- Developmental disorders.
30 credit module, open to suitably qualified and experienced clinicians only:
- Structured Professional Risk Assessment and Management.
15 credit modules, open to all students:
- Psychology of the Legal & Investigative Process
- Introduction to Forensic Psychology Practice.
FORMAT AND ASSESSMENT
Assessment is by essays, a written examination, critical appraisal, poster presentation and a dissertation.
Dr Nigel Blackwood
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
One year FT, two years PT, September to September.
Denmark Hill Campus.
Students have used the MSc as evidence of professional development and commitment in applying for promotion posts (eg moving from SpR to consultant, becoming a Nurse Consultant) or training posts in clinical or forensic psychology. Other students have moved on to posts in academic research.
Year of entry 2013