Core programme content
All students must take
Indicative non-core content
Please note: it cannot be guaranteed that all modules are offered in any particular academic year.
Research skills modules
- 7AACM005 Beginners' ancient Greek for research (King's)
- 7AACM015 Intermediate ancient Greek for research (King's)
- 7AACM290 Medieval Latin Literature (King's)
- 7AACM730 Greek Epigraphy (King's)
- 7AACM731 Latin Epigraphy (King's)
- 7AAH1003 Skills for Medievalists: Latin for Graduates (King's)
- 7AAYM109 Latin Palaeography (King's)
- A graduate modern language module (King's)
- A digital humanities module (King's)
- MB23/HS5123A Elementary Greek Palaeography (RHUL)
- MB380/HS5124A Greek Palaeography (RHUL)
- HS5127 Greek Hands of the Palaeologan Period (13th-15th century) (RHUL)
- HS5128 Byzantine Autographs of the Palaeologan Period (13th-15th century) (RHUL)
- CLASGG03 Greek Papyrology (UCL)
- CLASGL01 Latin for Research 1 - beginners (UCL)
- CL5765 Latin for Research 2 - for students who have completed a beginners' module in Latin (UCL).
Special subject modules
- 7AABMA26 The Greek Novel and its Influence (1st to 21st C) (King's)
- 7AABMB10 Living in Byzantium: Material culture and built environment (c.AD 300-1500) (King's)
- 7AABMB11 Cyprus from Late Antiquity to the Renaissance: A Byzantine island through the ages (King's)
- 7AABMB12 One God, One Sea: Byzantium and Islam, 600-800 (King's)
- 7AABMB13 Byzantium and the West, A. D. 800-1000 (King's)
- 7AAH1011 Law and Society from Constantine to Charlemagne (King's)
- 7AAN2055 Philosophy in the Islamic World (King's)
- 7AAN4048 Medieval Philosophy (King's)
- CL5314 The Late Roman and Early Byzantine City (RHUL)
- CLAFG500 Philosophy under the Roman Empire (RHUL)
- HS5219 Byzantium and the First Crusade (20 credits) (RHUL)
- HS5220 Byzantium and the Fourth Crusade (20 credits) (RHUL)
- 91AHG026 Codes and Practice: the World of Roman Law from Antiquity to the Early Middle Ages (UCL)
- CLASGR02 Homer's Legacy (UCL)
- MDVLGH01 Medieval Papacy (UCL)
- MDVLGH03 Identity and Power in Medieval Europe, AD 500-1300 (UCL)
- HICL079P: Language and Power in the later Roman Empire (20 credits) (BBK)
- HICL004P: Ancient Political Thought and its Medieval Legacy (20 credits) (BBK).
FORMAT AND ASSESSMENT
All taught modules assessed by coursework and/or examination plus a compulsory dissertation which accounts for 25 per cent of the total mark.
Dr Dionysios Stathakopoulos
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
One year FT, two years PT, September to September.
Strand Campus other University of London institutions.
Research in our department and elsewhere in the UK, EU and US; teaching, cultural management, general management, civil service, banking.
Year of entry 2013