Core programme content
Choose at least one module from the following
- 5AABZ319 The Byzantine Empire, 600-1453
- Dissertation (10,000 words) in Late Antique & Byzantine Studies subject.
- 7AACM005 Beginners' ancient Greek for research
- 7AACM015 Intermediate ancient Greek for research
- CLASGL01 Latin for Research 1 - beginners (taught at UCL)
- CL5765 Latin for Research 2 - intermediate (taught at RHUL).
Indicative non-core content
- 6AABZ315 Medicine & Society in the Ancient World
- 6AABZ316 Medicine & Society in the Medieval World
- 6AABZ318 Medieval Cyprus: Art & Architecture
- A graduate modern language module.
FORMAT AND ASSESSMENT
Taught core and optional modules assessed by coursework and/or examination plus a compulsory dissertation which accounts for 25 per cent of the total mark. Part-time students complete two taught modules in the first year and one taught module plus the dissertation in the second year.
Dr Dionysios Stathakopoulos
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 120/ECTS 60
One year FT, two years PT, September to September.
Strand Campus, other University of London institutions.
Most students go on to take our MA in Late Antique and Byzantine Studies, or related courses at other UK universities.
Year of entry 2014