Core programme content
Choose at least one module from the following
- 5AAH2018 The Byzantine Empire, 600-1453
- Dissertation (10,000 words) in Late Antique & Byzantine Studies subject.
- 7AACM005 Beginners' ancient Greek for research
- 7AACM015 Intermediate ancient Greek for research
- Beginners Latin for Research: taught at UCL, Department of History
- Intermediate Latin: taught at Birkbeck, Department of History, Classics and Archaeology
- Advanced Latin: taught at Royal Holloway, Department of Classics
Indicative non-core content
A complete list of modules and descriptions can be found on the department website.
FORMAT AND ASSESSMENT
Taught core and optional modules assessed by coursework and/or examination plus a compulsory dissertation which accounts for 25 per cent of the total mark. Part-time students complete two taught modules in the first year and one taught module plus the dissertation in the second year.
Dr Dionysios Stathakopoulos
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 120/ECTS 60
One year FT, two years PT, September to September.
Strand Campus, other University of London institutions.
Most students go on to take our MA in Late Antique and Byzantine Studies, or related courses at other UK universities.
Year of entry 2016