Core programme content
Indicative non-core content
Please note: it cannot be guaranteed that all modules are offered in any particular academic year.
- 7AABMA10 Advanced Modern Greek
- 7AABMA15 Linguistic analysis of Modern Greek narrative
- 7AABMA16 Linguistic approaches to narrative analysis
- 7AABMA17 Language, identity and culture
- 7AABMA20 Practical Criticism
- 7AABMA23 Cavafy Reader and Read
- 7AABMA24 Greek Modernism and the epic tradition (1900-1960)
- 7AABMA26 The Greek Novel and its Influence (1st to 21st C)
- 7AABMA27 Greek literature and the modern city (1930-2000)
- 7AABM112 Poetic geography: landmarks of the nation in the modern Greek poetic tradition, 1821-1940.
FORMAT AND ASSESSMENT
Optional taught modules examined by coursework and/or examination, plus a research dissertation. All teaching is carried out in small groups, with an important emphasis laid on discussion and the exchange of ideas. For most taught modules you will be expected to give at least one oral presentation of a paper.
Professor David Ricks
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
One year FT, two years PT, September to September.
Further academic study; civil service (UK, Greece, Cyprus); teaching positions in universities or schools; journalism
Year of entry 2013