Core programme content
Indicative non-core content
- Issues in Historiography and Criticism (20 credits)
- 21st Century Bach (20 credits)
- Theories of Modernism and the Avant-Garde (20 credits)
- Readings in the New Eighteenth Century (20 credits)
- Advanced Studies in Music Analysis and Criticism: Beethoven's Late Works (20 credits)
- Music in Nineteenth Century London (20 credits)
- Issues in Biography and Criticism (20 credits)
- Music and Empire: India and the Indian Ocean (20 credits)
- Post-Tonal Music and Composition Studies (20 credits)
- Introduction to Free Composition Studies (40 credits)
- Composing for Large Ensemble or Orchestra (40 credits)
- Special Study in Historical Musicology or Composition (60 credits).
See departmental website for full details;
FORMAT AND ASSESSMENT
Modules worth 120 credits, plus a special study (dissertation or portfolio) worth 60 credits.
Dr Andy Fry (musicology), Professor Silvina Milstein (composition)
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
One year FT, two years PT, September to September.
Further research in the department; further research (at doctoral level) in overseas (particularly USA) universities; teaching; media, arts, other related bodies.
Year of entry 2013